Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday Night Ramblings

So looks like there are some more great beer events tonight. Despite the dreadful weather there are some notable events ...depends where you live. Down in Brooklyn I see The Gate is having Pat's Picks featuring some great beers like "the incredible on tap" Founder's Breakfast Stout and Great Divide Fresh Hop. And in the city they are having a little mini cask festival of Harviestoun Ola Dubh at Rattle-N-Hum, featuring various vintages. I really enjoy the Ola Dubh line despite it's high price tag. Being partial to Scotch I love the flavor of peatiness backed up with nice viscous choc late malt. The flavor enhancement is subtle, just like scotch -- on cask this is a great opportunity.
I've been in kind of a beer lull...if there is such a thing? I haven't really had anything new lately and have been digging into the cellar a bit, something I never like to do, except on special occasions. I've been coveting some Bell's Hopslam and might have to make the trip to PA to pick some up soon. Other than that, tonight should spice things up and February looks like a great release month. Should I really drive to Portsmouth, NH to score some Kate the Great?

No comments: