Monday, January 12, 2009

Package Received/Internet Problems

Hey there, its been a bit and I haven't been able to post. Time Warner continues to impress me with their standard in excellent service. They are just so convenient and I just loooove waiting on the phone for 40 mins. Anyways, it seems we got a little bit of internet so a great time to post about all the amazing things that have been happening. I recently finished my first ever beer trade and received quite an incredible package back indeed. Needless to say, it won't be my last. The beers were rare enough, but the trader threw in some great extras that I can't get here in NYC. The whole experience was incredible and exciting to finally receive the package, I would definitely recommend this to anyone out there who is looking to find that elusive Dark Lord or um....er.. anything else you are looking for. I am excited to review these beers and give them their proper coverage. We had the first of the package tonight.
I was incredibly excited when I opened the package to see an almost uncountable number of wrapped items inside. The original trade was just three bottles for three bottles. This "extra" was something I had never even heard of: Viking Whole Stein.
Huge fluffy and growing head with massive bubbles, slightly off-tan inverted ice cream cone. Intitial flavor notes are very milky with an almost grainy flavor. Definitely some serious coffee and oat notes. Finishes clean, probably from the carbonation. Very dry coffee and a little oat on the nose, maybe alittle bit of earth in there too...kinda non descript. A nice beer with great flavor, but lacks feel. The carbonation squashes the flavor with its soda like fizziness; it becomes much more enjoyable warm and less carbonated...liquor like enjoyment. I'll post pics as soon as I'm back on my own comp. Can't wait for the big boys...

No comments: