Monday, November 17, 2008

Three Floyds Moloko Milk Stout

I could smell this beer as I was pouring it out of the bomber -- Dark and robust. It's coming down to the final few bottles of my package from WLV, so the competition is getting real. This particular new release from Three Floyds obviously did not disappoint. This beer just smells great, absolutely all the right smells: Coffee, Dark Chocolate and Caramel. Beautiful shiny black color too. Taste is so smooth, or wait is it crisp? Instead of super roast toasty finish its almost a clean break? Smell it again -- ah, like a dark choclatier or something like that. Taste it again -- yea this is delicious, choclately caramel milk smoothness, and a nice clean mocha finish. There is this perfect balance of smooth milky malt flavors and then this very nice crispness. Somehow this crispness is paired with signature low carbonation which gives this beer the body I desire, trim body that is.
These Three Floyds beers are pretty amazing, having previously tried them in visits to Chicago I knew it was the right decision...but oh the desire to have the elusive, the mythical Three Floyds Dark Lord, is still my ultimate conquest for this brand and maybe my cellar too. That and Surly Darkness, oh yea and Kuhnhenn Raspberry Eisbock...Alright I'll stop naming really highly rated beers that I've never had...except maybe the last one.

1 comment:

Cranklinstein McFranklinstein said...

did I have some of this? I'm not sure.

P-p-p-packitup.