Monday, November 10, 2008

Package from WLV Liquors


So I got a package recently. A pretty sweet package, indeed. It was filled with some of the best possible beers that you can't get in NYC or nearby. It weighed 36 pounds. I'll be revealing the contents as the month progresses, but there are some serious treats. And I can't think of any better way to start this off, then with such an excessive ode to beer, to those elusive brews.
Well, the first beer I'm trying out tonight is Three Floyds Munsterfest.

This beer is well, its an Oktoberfest, nothing too crazy. But its pretty damn good and definitely worth trying. It starts out with smells of honey, sweet toasted malt and that smell of all Oktoberfests -- just that malty malt maltyness and its clean, not muttled at all. The best thing about Three Floyds beer is perhaps the smoothness of the carbonation. You'll see a lot of talk here about carbonation as it is something I tend to focus on with my beer (a certain harmonious integrator of beer). But Three Floyds just does this so well. And what do I detect in my Oktoberfest? Yes, a bit of citrus hop bite to remind you this is Three Floyds. It finishes with an almost toasted butterscotch dryness and its quite delicuous -- the essence of fall in a beer.
Stay tuned for Goose Island Bourbon County Stout 2008 on tap in NYC!!! This should be absurd...

No comments: