Monday, July 6, 2009

"I think there's a little sumpin' in the fridge"

Here comes my shout out to Lagunitas; they just make some of the best hoppiest beers out there. These guys excel at hops. Hop Stoopid is amazing and at roughly $5 a bottle you won't find a better hoppy meal. And then they go ahead and blow me away again. Lil Sumpin, their new summer seasonal is well alittle something awesome. They just create such fruity and floral hop flavors, and seeing Lagunitas come out with something like this as their summer seasonal just makes it that much better for me. See, summer is personally my least favorite beer season. Wheat beer this, wit bier that, sunshine this, lager that. It's always the same, any breweries' lightest offering will always be their summer, and for me I just tend to think that is sometimes a little weak. I love a refreshing summer brew like the next guy and can't quaff an imperial stout on a hot summer day, ok I lie, but I will more likely than usual opt for a lighter body beer during summer. It's great to see Lagunitas not just make a 'summer time pilsner' or something like that but a beautiful west coast ipa with a wheaty twang, now that's what I'm talking about

No comments: