Thursday, July 16, 2009

Beer Beer Beer Beer

Another day, another package from the west coast. This time from CA and filled with particular treats that usually never make it further west than the west coast. What wondrous treats abound?
I had previously mentioned Alesmith Decadence 2008, which will be an incredible ager. I also picked up a good amount of Old Rasputin XII. Which I sampled last night, and let me tell you was quite the bourbon-barrel aged stout. beautiful notes of everything you want with a harsh edge that will mellow and integrate beautifully with some age; glad I got a lot. Last but not least, Pliny the Elder filled out the remaining package. This pinnacle west coast DIPA is everything you'd imagine it would be and quite earning of its top 10 status across most beer websites. I was slightly heartbroken to miss out on the Bruery Papier, which is a 14.5% barrel-aged old ale. But hey, I'll find a way.

No comments: