Tuesday, July 7, 2009

DBA redemption and Decadence!


DBA was able to redeem their Monday night tasting with the excellent choice of Whiskey. It started at 8 despite the 7 posting, but I knew it would and left accordingly. So just keep that in mind if you are ever going to go to their Monday night tastings. They are fun and you really have to speak up to get your tasting notes out there.
I also placed an order with South Bay Drugs in SD, California. Some things are just too hard to resist. Alesmith Decadence being one of them. This year's style being an English-Style Barleywine at 11% I can hardly wait to put this into the cellar. Alesmith consistently makes some of the best and age-worthy ales out there. They are a very small brewery but I've seen them (sporadically) in NYC and before that I used to drive to MA to purchase it. Anyways, the Alesmith Decadence 2006 I had opened at my first tasting back in Dec 08 was when of the best results of aging I ever had, and that was an Imperial Red Ale! Just wait (seriously!) for this bad boy in a couple of years.

No comments: