Monday, September 21, 2009

Tidbits

Some interesting beer news lately. Sam Adams is coming out with a Barrel collection. The biggest "craft" brewer in the country, with an incredibly large distribution network and numerous contract breweries is coming out with a barrel-aged beer? Seems a little odd, I mean it's not like they are hurting or anything. But it shows the power of the trend - that is a key indicator. To keep pace with today's modern beer geek its not just IPAs and stouts anymore. It's big, bold adventuresome beers inspired by ingenuity as much as the craft. Sam Adams knows, they didn't get to the top because they weren't smart.

1 comment:

Team Trappist said...

I totally agree with this post. Not that I find myself drinking much Sam these days but tis good that they ar trying to stay with the trends. I also have noticed siera nevada trying to stay up with the hop trends with torpedo and the wet hop series.