Monday, March 30, 2009

Busy Weekend/PA Trip!


Wow, what a busy weekend and beer-wise too. So I went to Shangy's and picked up some great beers you can't get in NYC. And because it was PA, they were all cases. What were those cases you ask? that massive haul of 4 cases that nearly made me bankrupt? Well there is one that enlisted me to drive there: Lost Abbey Angel's Share (Brandy). And this was one expensive case. Considering all the stuff I've been reading on BeerAdvocate about carbonation problems, I'm alittle bit scared about this. But the last (and only) Angel's share I had was bourbon barrel and was perhaps one of the most amazing and unique beers I've ever had. The idea of having a ton to age and perhaps trade was quite enticing, so let's hope this one turns out for the best. Also scored was a case of Bell's Hopslam (of course) and Bell's Two Hearted. As well as Bell's Cherry Stout. Great haul, and Shangy's is just the ultimate beer buying experience.
In other news I noticed that The Bruery Melange #3 was on tap at Whole Foods-Bowery. WOW! Some beer, pretty serious. Sweet delicous caramel nectar with layers and layers of different alcohol soaked fruit and nut flavors. Definitely head there and get some ASAP if you are a big fan of huge barrel aged strong ales, it's actually a blend of three ales to be exact. I'm going to try and do more posting for you all.

No comments: