Sunday, February 8, 2009

Troegs Nugget Nectar


My first time trying this super hyped-up hop bomb. Wow, is all I can say. I haven't been particularly impressed by Troegs before, but this one blew me away. Great clean hop flavor, complex with all the components I love. And the best part, it is uniquely flavored, like an IPA I've never had before. These are hop varieties I'm not that familiar with and they definitely don't let me down. Flavors of bubble gum, cantaloupe and sweet honey accentuate this brilliantly tasting brew. It's great to easily be able to acquire such a fine brew. I noticed that East Village Tavern has a cask of this amazing beer -- going to have test the difference. I recommend any hop lovers in NYC taking a similar action.
In other news, I placed a shipping order from West Lakeview Liquors in Chicago. There were definitely some items that particularly caught my eye that I've been wanting for awhile. Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch is probably the most notable and highest ranked beer. But the great selection of Three Floyds doesn't hurt either. I'm expecting that package sometime this week, so stay posted.

No comments: