Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Struise Insanity


It's been quite a few days on the beer calendar. Let me first say that I'm not one to frequently indulge in Belgian beers that often. I actually am not that big a fan; the Belgian beer image: the result of a American beer image gone wrong after years of swill conditioning (more on that later).....anyways.... but I find Struise to be quite Americanized in a way. First off, they are not overly Belgian-y and by that I mean not overly Belgian-y yeast flavor and they are quite bold. I see the appeal of the Belgian yeast in its deceptive drinkability and smattering alcohol. These are great world class beers. Anyways, I stopped at Spuyten Duyvil Grocery on my way home today and scored some amazing treats. Struise Pannepot Reserva 2005 and Struise Pannepot 2006 were had. If I decide to drink these, it will have to be the perfect occasion. If not, I will have to trade them for something I've never had and seeked for awhile.

No comments: