Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Slow Beer Week

Well it's been kind of a slow week after a pretty eventful last two weeks. I noticed Blind Tiger has Bear Republic Racer X on tap - an excellent and very hard to find IPA. This weekend is Dark Lord Day at Three Floyds...wish I was going, but obviously it is ridiculously far away. I'm still hoping on trying two Ballast Point beers that were supposedly amazing, and available in the PA area. Sea Monster Imperial Porter and Dorado Double IPA. Check these out if you get a chance, I've been very impressed with Ballast Point in the past. Also for those in PA, you'll also note the arrival of Duck Rabbit, a company I'm not very familiar with at all. It's funny, but PA is just such a better state for distribution brands than NY is. Not only does PA have Founder's and Bell's: two huge players in the craft beer scene, but other brands like Lost Abbey and Ballast Point are not here either. I'll trade a sixpoint crap for Bell's any day, and you can have Chelsea for free. I just don't understand what's holding NY back other than its antiquated pre-prohibition laws...oh wait.

No comments: